Dads are like superheroes.
Their powers are fixing leaky faucets. Mowing lawns. And occasionally—not telling Mom when you did something really bad.
This Father’s Day—treat your dad like the hero he is, by crafting him one of these homemade, Father’s Day beer cocktails.
Are you stumped on the perfect Father’s Day goodie to go with it? Check our huge selection of gifts at your nearest Spec’s.
Hoppy IPA Manhattan
A smooth variation on the Manhattan, made with a hoppy IPA.
- 4 oz Bulleit Rye Bourbon
- 2 oz sweet vermouth
- 2 oz bitter, high-gravity IPA (we recommend Green Flash West Coast IPA)
- 1 brandied cherry
- Fill a martini glass with ice and set aside to chill.
- In a mixing glass, add 4 oz of Bulleit Rye Bourbon, 2 oz sweet vermouth and shake. Strain into a chilled martini glass and top with 2 oz IPA.
- Garnish with brandied cherry. Note: The full-bodied, high alcohol content IPA will stand up to the whisky, whereas a lower alcohol content IPA will water down the taste.
A refreshing concoction with crisp flavors of spiced rum, grapefruit and a session beer.
- 1 oz Spiced Rum (recommended: Black Beard Spiced Rum)
- 1 oz guava nectar
- 1 oz ruby red grapefruit juice
- 4 oz Full Sail Session Lager
- Lime wheel for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except beer in a glass filled with ice.
- Top with beer and stir. Garnish with a lime wheel.
- 1½ oz Campari
- 10oz IPA
- Sparkling orange juice
- Orange peel for garnish
- Take two rocks glasses and put two to three ice cubes in each one. Divide Campari between the glasses and top with IPA.
- Add a splash of sparkling orange juice and rub a piece of orange peel around the rim of each glass before dropping into the drink.
- (8) 12oz cans light lager
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 lime wedges
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 8 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Hot sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Mix salt and red pepper flakes on a small plate. Rub rims of 8 pint glasses with a lime wedge; dip in salt and fill with ice.
- Add ¼ cup tomato juice, 1 tbsp lime juice, a dash each of hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce, and 12 oz lager to each glass.