Whether you shake it, stir it, make it dry, dirty, or perfect — there’s no denying that the martini is an American favorite that has been a staple in bars since the early 20th century. This month we celebrate this classic cocktail with a few variations of the recipe.
Swing by your nearest Spec’s, and stock up on the ingredients you’ll need, and enjoy!
Magnificent Martini (Serves 4)
- 8 oz gin
- ½ oz dry vermouth
- ½ oz sweet vermouth
- 4 green olives
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add dry and sweet vermouth. Shake enough to coat ice and pour off liquid.
- Add eight ounces gin to coated ice in shaker and shake vigorously. Pour into four chilled Martini glasses and garnish with olives.
Earl Grey Martini (Serves 2)
- 1½ oz gin
- 2 oz simple syrup
- 1½ oz lemon juice
- 1 tsp Earl grey tea leaves
- 1 lemon wedge
- White sugar, for rimming
- Sprinkle the tea leaves over the gin in a small glass, and set aside to steep for 2 hours.
- Pour ¼ to ½ inch of white sugar onto a small, shallow plate. Moisten the rims of 2 martini glasses with a lemon wedge, dip the moistened glasses into the sugar; set aside.
- Strain the infused gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker over ice. Cover, and shake until the outside of the shaker has frosted.
- Strain into the rimmed glasses to serve.
Polka Dot Bikini Martini (Serves 1)
- 1 oz coconut rum
- ¾ oz vodka
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- 1 dash grenadine syrup
- Orange wheel for garnish
- Combine rum, vodka and pineapple juice in a cocktail shaker. Shake firmly until frothy.
- Strain into a martini glass and add grenadine in the middle. Garnish with an orange wheel.