All hail the versatile margarita! Versatile you ask? Why yes indeed, the margarita has become one of the most flexible beverages around due to the ease with which one can change the flavor profile with a simple shift of ingredients.
And what better day to celebrate this compliant cocktail than on National Margarita Day!? We’ve gone ahead and broken the various kinds of margaritas down into a few categories so you can find the perfect recipe for your rita requirements.
The classic margarita, the one that started it all, is a simple three ingredient cocktail. It’s all about balance and, of course, fresh lime juice.
- 2 oz Casamigos Blanco Tequila
- ½ oz Grand Marnier Liqueur
- 1 oz lime juice
- Rim a glass with salt and fill with ice
- Add all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake
- Strain into the prepared glass
- Garnish with a lime wedge
The perfect mixture of sweet fruits and tangy limes for an unexpectedly delicious variation on the classic. To whip up a sweeta rita you can go with mixed berries or keep your focus on one fruit such as cranberries, mangos, or the always popular strawberry.
- 1 ½ oz Avion Silver Tequila
- 1 oz Royale Club Triple Sec
- 1 oz lime juice
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup ice
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth
- Pour into a chilled margarita glass
- Garnish with fresh raspberries
There is a time and a place for the classic margarita, and there is a time and place for a beer – and then sometimes you just want both!
- 2 oz 1800 Reposado Tequila
- ½ oz Cointreau Liqueur
- 7 oz Dos Equis Lager
- ½ oz agave
- 1 oz lime juice
- Lime wedge
- Rim a glass with salt
- Add all ingredients into a blender with ice and blend
- Pour into the prepared glass
- Carefully tip open beer into the glass and enjoy
SPICY GRAPEFRUIT RITA
Feeling feisty? Feeling fiery? When you want to kick your rita game up a notch or two, adding some fresh pepper spiciness will have you breathing refreshing fire in no time!
- 1 ½ oz Tanteo Jalapeño Tequila
- 1 oz Leroux Triple Sec
- ¾ oz Agave
- 1 oz Langers Grapefruit Juice
- Spicy Salt
- Fresh jalapeño for garnish
- Rim a glass with spicy salt and orange habenero pepper.
- Fill with ice.
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine jalapeño tequila, lime juice, triple sec and agave.
- Shake and strain into the glass
- Garnish with fresh jalapeño slices
If you’re feeling blue, this is the rita for you! A blue twist on the classic adds a sweet citrus kick and a lovely blue hue!
- 1 ½ oz Espolõn Tequila
- 1 oz Blue Curaçao Liqueur
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- Lime wedge or an orange slice and cherry for garnish
- Optional: salt for the rim
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the tequila, blue curaçao, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Shake well and pour everything into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge or an orange slice and cherry.
Nothing warms up a winter day like the fresh, summery taste of strawberries! This fruity rita is a sweet treat you’ll love to repeat!
Ingredients: (4 servings)
- ¾ cup Teremana Tequila
- ¼ cup Cointreau Liqueur
- 1 lb frozen whole strawberries
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- Margarita salt for rim
- Limes for garnish
- Prep your glasses. Run a small wedge of lime around the upper outer rim of your glasses. Then roll it into the margarita salt mixture. Set aside.
- Add the strawberries, tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur, and honey to a blender. Blend until it’s completely smooth.
- Pour the blended margarita into the glass and garnish with a strawberry or slice of lime.