skip to Main Content

Casa Lapostolle Grand Selection Cabernet Sauvignon Syrah

$136.29 / case(12)



Tasting: color: ruby red with cherry edges nose: fresh red fruit aromas such as strawberry and plums juice and a spicy expression of cardamom and red paprika. Palate: medium acidity and juicy tannins with a plum aftertaste. Service and food pairing: serve at 16°c (60°f). The ideal companion for goulash with arabic rice and meat pie. Harvest: the climate conditions of the 2014-2015 anticipated the beginning of harvest and brought along with it a very particular aromatic intensity. Rainfalls in this 2014 winter were higher than the last season (295 mm v/s 238 mm). Only in july rains were lower than usual average. These conditions were followed until the springtime. Overall summer in our vineyards was dry and hot. Finally march brought normal conditions. Vinification: all the grapes were hand harvested in small cases of 14 kilos and carefully transported to the winery. We obtained clean and pure fruit with strict quality control thanks to the state of the art technology: our vistalys optical berries selection. 5% of the clusters were hand de stemmed. Then all the grapes were gently macerated with a gentle extraction obtaining elegant structure expressive aromas and very good color. Fermentation lasted about 2 weeks in stainless steel tanks at 24-28°c. After a maximum of 4 weeks of maceration 60% of the wine was aged in 225 lt. French oak barrels (second third and fourth use) for 6 months while the remaining 40% was aged in stainless steel tanks. – casa lapostolle

Available For Online Purchase

SKU: 008811083122 Category: Tags: , , ,

Prices shown are for Smith Street store only.
Please call your local store for their pricing and availability.

Bulk Discount

Additional information

Wine Category

Wine Size

Wine Vintage


Wine Origin

Wine Color


Wine Region


There are no reviews yet.

Leave a customer review

Receive an additional 5% discount in-store for cash payment. Prices and vintages subject to change.

Prices shown are for the Smith Street store only.  Please call your local store for their pricing and availability.

Prices shown are for this location only and can vary by location.  Please call your local store for their pricing and availability.

Photos are for display purposes only and may not reflect the actual product.

Back To Top
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!