skip to Main Content

Casa Lapostolle Chardonnay

$136.29 / case(12)

$12.62

Description

At lapostolle wines to capture the freshness of the fruit is our mission. Young and expressive; bright and vivid define the characteristics of our lapostolle grand selection wines. General climate conditions of casablanca valley casablanca valley exhibit a cold mediterranean climate. Located right next to the pacific ocean in the central part of chile the climate is moderated by the cold humboldt current traveling from the southern pole. This current drop the temperatures and the coastal winds refresh the valley’s climate. Winter tend to be mild summers are also fairly mild with moderate temperatures. November to april the critical harvest period in the southern hemisphere is usually dry. Casablanca has the perfect combination of cold temperatures with a dry summer so our chardonnay maintains its acidity and ripens very slowly with very little risk of rain during the fall. The soil soils are from granitic origin from the chilean coastal mountains with some layers of clay and sand. There is good drainage and low fertility. Vintage conditions in 2016 the harvest in casablanca was characterized for being cooler than usual with cloudy days and very little sunshine leading to a slower maturity cycle. As a result the harvest in casablanca started on april 4th which was later than usual. Autumn 2016 was characterized by an unusual amount of rain in april with 118 mm which completely contrasted the absence of any rain in april 2015. Our casablanca wines especially chardonnay had an excellent performance in quality with good structure moderate alcohol and very good acidity. Winemaking our objective is to highlight the excellent fruit that casablanca offers great acidity with a touch of complexity. Grapes were transported in refrigerated containers from our atalayas vineyard to our winery in the colchagua valley. Our key points are strict fruit selection using vistalys optical selection technology. 34% of the clusters went straight to the press and were directly pressed while the remaining 66% was destemmed crushed and macerated in a steel tank at low temperature for 6 to 12 hours. Then we racked the juice for a natural decantation in stainless steel tanks. We fermented 80% of the clear juice in stainless steel tanks in order to preserve the freshness of the fruit and the remaining 20% was fermented in french oak barrels. No malolactic fermentation was done. Tasting notes color: brilliant yellow with golden hues. Nose: intense aromas of fruits such as pineapple green apple and lemongrass. Palate: good volume and refreshing acidity slightly creamy texture with a mineral touch adding complexity and long lasting finish. Service and food pairing: serve cold between 10/12°c (50/53°f). Ideal companion for fish and seafood in general. Dishes such as such as crab pie or a southern rays bream with shrimp’s sauce or a steak tartare with some lemon juice would be perfect. Ageing fermentation: 80% stainless steel and 20% second and third use french oak barrels. Ageing: 100% aged for 7 months in stainless steel tanks until the bottling. I think of the coastal breezes from the pacific ocean the misty mornings and the granitic soils on the slopes of the coastal cordillera. A unique terroir for a unique young and vibrant chardonnay.”- jacques begarie chief winemaker

Available For Online Purchase

SKU: 008811082101 Category: Tags: , , ,

Prices shown are for Smith Street store only.
Please call your local store for their pricing and availability.

Bulk Discount

Additional information

Wine Category

Wine Size

Wine Vintage

VT

Wine Origin

Wine Color

WHITE

Wine Region

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Leave a customer review

Receive an additional 5% discount in-store for cash payment. Prices and vintages subject to change.

Prices shown are for the Smith Street store only.  Please call your local store for their pricing and availability.

Prices shown are for this location only and can vary by location.  Please call your local store for their pricing and availability.

Photos are for display purposes only and may not reflect the actual product.

Back To Top
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
X