It’s January so you’ve probably finished reading all the 2020 recaps and are beyond ready to move on and leave those 365 days as far behind as possible! We feel you. So, what’s new for beverages in the year 2021 you ask? Well, settle on down and get ready to have your happy hour future read by the experts.
- 2021 will see the continued rise of hard seltzers as more and more brands get in on the action with new and unique offerings.
- Online wine education courses skyrocketed during quarantine leading consumers to begin looking for diversity in their wines, so expect to see wanderlust wines from new regions emerge as well as wines from sought-after travel destinations.
- Fame didn’t spare celebrities from having to stay home like the rest of us, but instead of exploring the depths of their couch, many ventured into the world of beverage ownership. Look for new arrivals from red carpet raconteurs for everything from wine and champagne to spirits and beers.
- Ready-to-drink (RTD) products, like pre-made canned cocktails, began to see new arrivals towards the end of last year and will continue into the new year with offerings from major brands and small-batch producers.
- With health dominating the public mindset during 2020, functional flavors took a leading role in trying to make our excessive amount of free time a little healthier. Functional flavors are beverages that offer immunity, cognitive, and mood-boosting benefits, typically from natural ingredients.
Located in Northern Spain, about an hour southwest of Pamplona, known for the running of the bulls, the Rioja wine region runs along the Ebro River and is famous for its wines made with Tempranillo grapes.
You’ll notice aromas of smoke, berries, and wood essence on the nose with flavors of blackberry, raspberry, vanilla, and pepper on the tongue.
Miraval is a joint venture between Famille Perrin and Hollywood A-listers, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
A beautiful light pink color, fresh fruit aromas and refreshing acidity. Miraval’s pure expression of the terroir of Côtes de Provence.
The Cavit winery is located in Trentino, Italy, a picturesque landscape of mountains, lakes, apple orchards and medieval castles. Vineyards in this region enjoy the warming effects of the “Ora del Garda”, a dry, balmy breeze that sweeps across nearby Lake Garda.
With aromas and flavors of apricot, peach, and pear, this fabulous wine is the result of excellent growing conditions along the Italian Dolomite Alps.
Created by Kate Hudson and inspired by memories of hosting friends at Hudson’s former home on King Street in New York City.
A proprietary process using GMO-free corn and alkaline water yields a gluten-free, ultra-premium spirit with a hint of sweet vanilla flavor. Distilled seven times and then filtered, King St. is made from the best ingredients to deliver a clean, smooth taste with each sip.
Fiorente is the leading brand of Italian elderflower liqueur and is made from wild elderflowers grown in the foothills of the Alps. Its formula includes mint, lemon and lime infusions, which adds a zesty finish to its delightfully floral and herbal character.
Each botanical essence is individually and naturally obtained through innovative extraction methods and distillation processes for the freshest, cleanest, most crisp taste possible.
Perfectly peach flavor with bold notes of fragrant orange blossom.
Two Chicks Cocktails is a women-owned, founded and run company that creates sparkling canned cocktails made with premium spirits combined with real fruit and botanicals for an easy and delicious ready-to-drink beverage.
Shiner’s Straight Shooter Hard Seltzers are crafted with all-natural ingredients and 11 years of brewing experience making each flavor big, bold, and delicious. Wild Cherry, Grapefruit & Lime, Lemonade, and Mango flavors are all sugar-free and contain zero carbs.
High Noon Sun Sips are made with real vodka, real juice, and sparkling water for sip after sip of a real natural, real tasty beverage. Their Pineapple, Grapefruit, Lime, Peach, Watermelon, and Black Cherry flavors are only 100 calories, contain no added sugar and are gluten-free.