It’s time to throw on a fancy hat and head to Louisville, for the ultimate in horse racing, the Kentucky Derby! But if you’re not making the annual pilgrimage to the track, you can still have fun at home, hosting your own derby party. Just tell your guests to B.Y.O.H. (bring your own hat) and get your cocktail bar ready for some serious action.
Sure, the Mint Julep is the iconic beverage of choice for the Kentucky Derby, but that doesn’t mean you can’t branch out and have a little fun with our collection of derby-inspired delights!
Angry Frosé Cider
- 5 oz. Angry Orchard Rosé Cider
- 1 oz. White Rum
- ¾ oz. Lime Juice
- 2½ Tbsp. White Sugar
- 4 Strawberries
- 2 Cups Ice
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Serve in a rocks glass and garnish with strawberry.
Blue Moon Mist
- 10 oz. Blue Moon Belgian White Belgian-Style Wheat Ale
- 1 oz. Aperol
- 1 oz. Lemon Juice
- Orange Garnish
- Fill a Collins or stemless wine glass with ice.
- Add Aperol and lemon juice to glass and give it a stir.
- Top with Blue Moon and stir gently.
- Garnish with an orange slice and enjoy!
Old Foster Mint Julep
- 3 oz Old Forester Mint Julep
- ¾ oz Simple Syrup
- 8-10 Mint leaves
- 3 Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Pack mint julep cup with crushed ice.
- In a mixing glass, combine bourbon, syrup, and mint leaves.
- Lightly bruise mint leaves with a muddler, strain contents into julep cup.
- Garnish with three generous sprigs of mint.
Rosé Cider Julep
- 4-5 oz. Rosé Cider
- ½ oz. Bourbon
- ½ oz. Créme de Cassis
- ½ oz. Simple Syrup
- 6-8 Mint Leaves
- Muddle mint in the bottom of a julep tin.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and then fill the julep tin with crushed ice.
- Garnish with a lavish mint bouquet.
- 1¼ oz. Maker’s Mark Bourbon
- Splash DeKuyper Orange Curacao Liqueur
- Splash ginger ale
- Orange wedge for garnish
- Fill rocks glass with ice.
- Add bourbon, a splash of orange curacao liqueur and a squeeze of fresh orange.
Top off with ginger ale and garnish with an orange wedge.