Professional athletes have been endorsing products for decades; everything from shoes and apparel to cars…
While lighting the menorah, dreidel games, and gifts are the most known Hanukkah traditions, you might be in the mood to start your own this year and spice up the festivities. Pairing your dinners with a specific cocktail each night may just add the perfect touch to your family gatherings.
Check out these Hanukkah inspired cocktails and incorporate a new tradition to your 8 nights of celebration. Try one each night or if you find one that thoroughly tickles your fancy, you’re free to enjoy it for all eight nights without feeling like a meshuggeneh!
- 5 oz. Russian Standard Vodka
- 3 oz. Lemonade
- 1 slice of lemon, garnish
- In a tumbler, combine 1.5 oz Russian Standard Vodka, 3 oz of lemonade and ice.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon.
The Chocolate Gelt Cocktail
- 3 oz. Chocolate vodka
- 1 oz. Goldschläger
- Cocoa powder, for garnish
- If desired, moisten rim of martini or cocktail glass with water and dip into cocoa powder.
- Put ice in cocktail shaker, add chocolate vodka.
- Shake well, strain into martini or cocktails glass.
- Add Goldschläger, gently stir and serve.
The Mazel Tov Cocktail
- 4 parts Vodka
- 1 part Sparkling rosé
- 1 part simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water, heated until sugar dissolves)
- 1 part lemon juice
- Combine first four ingredients and chill.
- Pour into glasses and top with about ¾ of an inch of sparkling rosé.
Bread & Oil
- 1 ounce Glenmorangie Original Single Malt Scotch
- ¾ ounce Crème de cassis
- 3 oz. Brown ale
- ½ Simple syrup (1 part sugar, 1 part water)
- ¼ Fresh Lemon juice
- Garnish: Slice of lemon
- Add all ingredients except the brown ale to a highball glass filled with ice.
- Stir and top with the ale.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon and/or other fruit, if desired.
- 3 oz. Vodka
- ½ Sweet vermouth
- Splash Blue Curacao
- Blueberries for garnish
- Sugar for garnish
- Chill and rim two martini glasses with sugar.
- Fill a mixing glass with ice.
- Pour in vodka and sweet vermouth.
- Shake and strain into the martini glasses.
- Splash with Blue Curacao.
- Garnish with a few blueberries
The Sufganiyot Cocktail
- 1 oz. Vanilla-flavored vodka
- 1 oz. Citron or citrus-flavored vodka
- 2 oz. Manischewitz sweetened blackberry wine
- Lemon wedge
- Powdered sugar
- Rub lemon wedge around edge of martini or cocktail glass and dip into powdered sugar.
- Add ice, vanilla vodka, citron vodka, and blackberry wine to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well and strain into prepared glass.
Chocolate Egg Cream Shot
- ¼ Chocolate liqueur
- ½ cold cream
- ½ seltzer
- Pour cream in a shot or liqueur glass.
- Add seltzer. Gently stir.
- Slowly pour chocolate liqueur in the center of drink. Do not mix.
- Serve immediately.
- 3 cup Manischewitz
- ½ cup Triple sec
- ⅓ cup Brandy
- 375 mL (one half bottle) Sparkling wine
- 5 dashes orange bitters
- 1 sliced orange
- Combine Manischewitz, triple sec, brandy, and bitters in a large pitcher.
- Add sparkling wine.
- Stir in orange and apple slices.
- Let sit for 30 minutes then serve in ice-filled wine glasses.