Everyone knows the holidays are a time of indulgence; and most of us also know they’re a time of notorious overindulgence. No other time of the year is it seen as perfectly normal to have several pie options sitting on your table or to begin considering whipped cream as a condiment.
With those delicious thoughts in mind, we’ve decided to help you dive a little deeper into the appetizing abyss of delectable desserts by incorporating alcohol! These dessert-inspired cocktails will either help you curb your diet demons or have the completely opposite effect and allow you to double indulge your sweet tooth with both solid and liquid gold. You’re welcome?
- 1 shot of vodka
- 1 shot creme de cacao
- 1 shot coffee liqueur
- ½ shot Irish Cream
- 2 drops vanilla essence
- Crushed ice
Glass Rim Ingredients
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
Directions – Glass Rim
- You’ll need martini glasses, a mixing bowl, a large flat plate, a large bowl of water, and spoons.
- Mix the rimming ingredients up thoroughly in your mixing bowl.
- Pour the powder out onto the flat plate and even it out.
- Dip a martini glass rim into the bowl of water and immediately dip the wet rim into the powder plate and coat generously.
- Carefully turn the glass right side up again and keep it aside. Repeat for remaining glasses.
- *For a little extra zing, drizzle chocolate syrup in the bottom of the glass for decoration!
Directions – Cocktail
- Pour in the measures of vodka, creme de cacao, coffee liqueur, and Irish Cream.
- Add just 2 or 3 drops of vanilla essence.
- Shake until everything is well-blended and strain into rimmed martini glasses.
- 2 oz espresso vodka
- 1 oz chocolate liqueur
- 1 oz coffee liqueur
- 2 oz chilled or room temperature coffee
- Splash of hazelnut coffee creamer
- In a shaker with ice, add espresso vodka, chocolate and coffee liqueurs, coffee and creamer and shake until mixed and creamy.
- Pour into mugs.
- Slice a donut hole halfway through, and perch on the lip of the mug.
- 1 cup crushed kettle corn
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 oz bourbon
- 1 ½ oz butterscotch schnapps
- Ice, for chilling
- Salt, for dusting the rim
- Sugar, for dusting the rim
- Kettle corn simple syrup: Mix the kettle corn, sugar and 1 cup water in a saucepan and heat until the sugar dissolves. Strain, and then let cool.
- Pour the bourbon, butterscotch schnapps and 2 tablespoons of the kettle corn simple syrup into a shaker full of ice and shake well.
- Mix together equal parts salt and sugar on a shallow plate. Wet the rims of 2 glasses, and then dip into the salt and sugar mixture.
- Strain the cocktail and pour into the glasses.
- 1 ½ oz vanilla-infused vodka
- 1 ½ oz coconut rum
- 1 tsp egg white
- 1 ½ oz coconut creme
- Splash vanilla extract
- Chocolate sauce, for garnish
- Macaroon cookie, for garnish
- Combine the vodka, rum, coconut creme, egg white, vanilla extract, and ice together in a cocktail shaker and shake to incorporate.
- Place the chocolate sauce in a plate. Rim the glass in the chocolate sauce and garnish with the macaroon cookie.
- Fill glass and enjoy!
Red Velvet Cupcake
- 2 oz vanilla-flavored vodka
- 1 oz creme de cacao
- 1 oz buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp chocolate sauce
- 3 drops of red food coloring
- 8 drops of vanilla extract
- Ice, as needed
- Store-bought frosting, for glass rim
- Mix vodka, creme de cacao, buttermilk, chocolate sauce, red food coloring, and vanilla extract in a shaker with ice.
- Strain and pour into a glass rimmed with frosting.
Fluffer Nutter Butter Hot Cocoa Shooters
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp marshmallow fluff
- ¾ cup marshmallow flavored vodka
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter sauce plus extra for topping
- 6 Nutter Butter cookies crushed
- Add milk, cream, chocolate chips, marshmallow fluff and peanut butter into crock pot, stir well.
- Cook on high 1 ½ hours or low for 3 hours, stirring every 30 – 35 minutes to prevent chocolate from burning.
- Add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter sauce into a small shallow dish and the crushed Nutter Butter crumbs into another.
- Dip rims of shot glasses into peanut butter sauce followed by cookie crumbs, coating rims with crumbs.
- Just before serving, pour in vodka and stir well.
- Serve topped with marshmallows and drizzled with peanut butter sauce.
Chocolate Covered Pretzel Shot
- 4 oz hazelnut liqueur
- 4 oz vanilla vodka
- 1 tbsp chocolate syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 4-5 ice cubes
- 4 gluten free pretzels for garnish (optional)
- Place chocolate syrup on small plate. Dip top of chilled shot glass in syrup. Place salt on another small plate and dip rim of shot glass in salt. Repeat for all four shot glasses.
- In a shaker cup, add ice, hazelnut liquor, and vanilla vodka. Shake well.
- Pour liquor evenly into each shot glass, discard ice.
Peaches and Creamtini
- 1 peach (peeled and sliced)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp white granulated sugar
- 4 oz vodka
- 4 oz peach schnapps
- 4 oz heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz white chocolate liqueur
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp yellow/orange sanding sugar
- ¼ lemon
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a baking dish, mix peach slices with sugar and coconut oil. Roast for 15-20 minutes, & flip peach slices on the other side mid baking. Once roasted, remove from oven, place peach slices on a plate and let cool completely.
- Using the ¼ lemon, trace the rim of 3 martini glasses and dip them in sanding sugar. Place into refrigerator until ready to use.
- Add cooled, roasted peach slices and heavy whipping cream to a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a cocktail shaker, mix the blended peach mixture with the rest of the ingredients along with ice. Shake well and pour into chilled martini glasses.
- Garnish with a peach slice. Enjoy!