Cocktails and Christmas tend to go hand in hand. Whether it’s a decadent twist on hot cocoa or a sweet and spiced cider cocktail, there are plenty of reasons why you might want to sip a few fancy drinks during the most wonderful time of the year. Perhaps you need to get through an awkward work mixer, or maybe it’s the only way to tolerate a certain in-law. Regardless of your reason this season, these festive Christmas cocktails are sure to keep your spirits high and your Grinch low.
Candy Cane Cocktail
For Candy Cane Infused Vodka:
- 1 cup Vodka
- ½ cup Vanilla Vodka
- 6 6- inch Candy Canes
For Candy Cane Cocktail:
To infuse the Candy Cane Vodka:
- Pour plain vodka and vanilla vodka in a jar with a lid. Add 6 candy canes, broken up so the liquid covers them. Allow it to sit in a cool, dark location for 3-4 days, shaking periodically to mix any sediment into liquid.
- .When ready to use, strain through 2 layers of cheesecloth to trap any sediment. Seal in a jar, store in a cool, dark location until use.
To make 2 Candy Cane Cocktails:
- To make Candy Cane rimming sugar: place 2 candy canes in a chopper or blender and process into a granulated sugar. Rim cocktail glasses.
- Add Candy Cane vodka, Crème de Cacao, Bitters and ice to a shaker; shake and strain into a rimmed cocktail glass.
Gingerbread White Russia
- 4 oz whole milk
- 4 oz vanilla vodka
- 4 oz Kahlua
- 4 oz ginger beer
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- cinnamon for rimming glasses
- sugar for rimming glasses
- whipped cream for topping
- crumbled ginger snaps for topping
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow plate. Lightly wet rims of two glasses and dip the rim in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat the edges.
- In a cocktail shaker full of ice, mix milk, vodka, Kahlua, ginger beer, and ground ginger and shake.
- Strain into chilled glasses.
- Top with whipped cream and crumbled ginger snaps and enjoy!
Jack Frost Cocktail
- Honey for rimming glasses
- Flaked coconut for rimming glasses
- 8 cups ice (more or less depending on desired consistency)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup blue curacao
- ½ cup vodka
- ½ cup cream of coconut
- Rim the glasses: Pour a thin layer of honey onto a plate and dip the rims into it, then dip in coconut flakes.
- In a blender, blend ice, pineapple juice, blue curacao, vodka and cream of coconut until desired consistency is reached. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
Egg Nog Cocktail
- 1 ounce bourbon
- 1 ounce 2% milk
- 1 egg yolk
- nutmeg to garnish
- ¾ ounce winter syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 cloves
Winter Syrup directions:
- In a small pot, combine all ingredients, bring to a simmer, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a glass bottle or jar for storage. Place cinnamon stick back in syrup for additional flavor.
- Store in refrigerator.
- In a cocktail shaker, add bourbon, egg yolk, milk, and winter syrup.
- Dry shake without ice for about 20 seconds, this will help emulsify the ingredients, and give the cocktail body and froth,
- Add ice to cocktail shaker, and shake for about 15 seconds, until chilled.
- Double strain cocktail into a glass, and grate fresh nutmeg on top.
Christmas Cookie Martini
- 1 shot vodka
- 1 shot Baileys Sweet Italian Biscotti Coffee Creamer
- 1 shot almond liqueur
- ¼ shot Cointreau
- 1 shot club soda
- Garnish: Orange peel, cookie
- Combine ingredients in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a cookie and orange peel, if desired.