If you’ve been planning your Halloween party since November, the last thing you want to do is serve your ghoulish guests common cocktails. The Halloween theme doesn’t stop at the bar; if anything, it gets amped up a notch or two.
Spec’s has you covered with delicious recipes for everything from creepy cocktails to spooky shooters and petrifying punches!
(if all else fails, just throw a bunch of candy and liquor in a blender and see what happens!)
Candy Corn Shooter
Layer liqueurs in order of mention above – First the Creme de Banana, then White Chocolate Creme, topping off with Orange Curacao.
- 1 ½ oz Black vodka
- ¾ oz Creme de cassis
- Sparkling cranberry juice to top
- Fill a rocks glass 2/3 full of ice.
- Add vodka to the glass.
- Add creme de cassis.
- Top with sparkling cranberry juice, stir, and serve.
- 1 oz Peach Schnapps
- 1 oz Baileys
- 2-3 drops grenadine
- Chill both liqueurs before making this shot
- Pour 1 oz of chilled peach schnapps into a shot glass
- Next gently pour chilled Baileys over the back of the bar spoon into the glass layering the two
- Finally add 2 to 3 dashes of grenadine
- 6 oz gold rum
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla
- 6 oz light cranberry juice
- 6 oz orange juice
- 6 dashes of Grenadine
- 3 dashes of cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients and shake in a cocktail shaker.
- Serve over ice
Bleeding Heart Martini
- 2 oz dry vermouth
- 8 oz gin
- Ice cubes
- 4 Pickled Baby Beets, each placed on a cocktail skewer
- Chill 4 martini glasses in the freezer about 5 minutes
- Add the vermouth, dividing evenly; swirl to coat the glasses, then pour out.
- Add gin to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously until chilled; divide among chilled glasses.
- Garnish each with a skewered pickled baby beet and serve immediately.
- 2 oz Caramel moonshine
- 1 oz apple liqueur
- ½ oz cranberry juice
- 2 ½ oz sparkling cider
- Garnish: coconut flakes (for rim)
- Garnish: apple wheel
- Rim a double old-fashioned glass with coconut flakes, fill with crushed ice, and set aside.
- Pour the whiskey, apple liqueur, and cranberry juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into the prepared glass.
- Top with sparkling apple cider and garnish with an apple wheel.
- Serve and enjoy!
Frog in a Blender
- 2 oz vodka
- 4 oz cranberry juice
- 2 lime wheels
- 1 cup of ice
- In a blender, place the ice, vodka, cranberry juice, and lime wheels.
- Blend for 3 to 5 seconds, just enough to chop everything up.
- Pour into a chilled hurricane or margarita glass.
- Serve and enjoy!
Night Crush Punch
- In a punch bowl, combine blackberries, lemon juice, and simple syrup; lightly crush berries to release their juice.
- Add ice and vodka; top with cava.
- Stir to combine and garnish with mint.
Ghoul’s Night Out
- 1 750 mL bottle Partida Blanco
- 4 cups chamomile tea
- 4 oz pomegranate juice
- 4 oz lemon juice
- 12 oz honey syrup or simple syrup
- Assemble all ingredients in a punch bowl.
- Garnish with lemon wheels and mint, add large ice cubes to dilute.