All hail the versatile margarita! Versatile you ask? Why yes indeed, the margarita has become one of the most flexible beverages around due to the ease with which one can change the flavor profile with a simple shift of ingredients.
And what better day to celebrate this compliant cocktail than on National Margarita Day!? We’ve gone ahead and broken the various kinds of margaritas down into four categories so you can find the perfect recipe for your ‘rita requirements.
The classic margarita, the one that started it all, is a simple three ingredient cocktail. It’s all about balance and, of course, fresh lime juice.
- Rim a glass with salt and fill with ice
- Add all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake
- Strain into the prepared glass
- Garnish with a lime wedge
The perfect mixture of sweet fruits and tangy limes for an unexpectedly delicious variation on the classic. To whip up a sweet-a-rita you can go with mixed berries or keep your focus on one fruit such as cranberries, mangos, or the always popular strawberry.
- 1½ oz. Avion Tequila
- 1 oz. Royale Club Triple Sec
- 1 oz. lime juice
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup ice
- Garnish: fresh raspberries
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth
- Pour into a chilled margarita glass
- Garnish with fresh raspberries
There is a time and a place for the classic margarita, but when you have a large gathering and don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen crafting drinks all night, the beer rita is the perfect go to for easy, pleasy, rita goodness.
- Pour limeade, tequila, water, and beer into a large pitcher.
- Stir until well-blended, and limeade has melted.
- Add plenty of ice, and garnish with lime wedges, and add additional water if needed.
Feeling feisty? Feeling fiery? When you want to kick your ‘rita game up a notch or two, adding some fresh pepper spiciness will have you breathing refreshing fire in no time!
- Rim a glass with salt and fill with ice.
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine habanero tequila, lime juice, triple sec and agave.
- Shake and strain into the glass.