Nothing says summer like having a refreshing cocktail in hand while enjoying the great outdoors. And while we have nothing but praise for beer and the more flavor-forward spirits like gin, whiskey and tequila; vodka’s neutral flavor profile makes it the perfect base for a refreshing cocktail.
So, if you’re looking for new ways to keep your summer fresh, we’ve put together some great vodka cocktails you can whip up anywhere!
- Fill mixing glass halfway with ice. Add vodka, Lillet Blanc, and grapefruit juice.
- Stir until cold and strain into ice-filled glass.
- Garnish with orange slice.
- 4 fresh strawberries, plus 1 for garnish
- ¾ oz. simple syrup
- ¾ oz. vodka
- ¾ oz. St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- ¾ oz. lemon juice
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle 4 strawberries with simple syrup.
- Add remaining ingredients and ice.
- Shake vigorously, and strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a strawberry on the rim of the glass.
Blackberry Lime Rickey
- 3 large blackberries
- 2 oz. Woody Creek Vodka
- ½ oz. agave nectar
- ½ oz. lime juice
- splash of Prosecco
- lime wheel, for garnish
- In a mixing glass, muddle the blackberries.
- Add vodka, agave nectar, lime juice and ice. Cover and shake well.
- Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Top with prosecco and garnish with lime wheel.
- 1½ oz. Infinity Chile Pepper Vodka
- 2½ oz. lemonade
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- cucumber and jalapeño slices, for garnish
- In mixing glass or cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients, except garnishes.
- Pour over ice and garnish with cucumber and jalapeño slices.
National Republic of Texas
- 1 oz. citrus-flavored vodka
- 1 oz. grapefruit juice
- ½ oz. Amontillado Sherry
- ½ oz. honey syrup (equal parts honey and hot water)
- Grapefruit wedge, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients except garnish with ice.
- Shake well, and strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with grapefruit.
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1 scoop of lemon sorbet (or any fruit flavor)
- 3 oz. prosecco, plus an additional splash
- Mint spring, for garnish
- In a stainless-steel bowl, whisk together the vodka, lemon sorbet and a splash of Prosecco until it reaches a slushy consistency.
- Add the remaining Prosecco and whisk slowly until incorporated.
- Pour into a martini glass or Champagne flute.
- Garnish with mint, if desired.