With cooler weather starting to arrive, it’s time to roll up that flannel sleeve and embrace the taste of the season! No, we’re not talking about pumpkins; there have been enough pumpkin flavored items unleashed on us in the last month to properly summon The Great Pumpkin King a dozen times over. Instead, we’re talking about the often-overlooked apple.
So, join us as we dive into the season were the glorious apple shines as the star ingredient in this list of seasonal of cocktails!
Apple pie Moscow Mule
- 4 oz Apple cider
- 4 oz Caramel apple vodka
- 1 bottle Ginger beer
- Cinnamon sticks and apple slices for garnish
- Fill two copper mugs with crushed ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the apple cider and vodka. Shake to combine.
- Pour half of the apple cider mixture into each mug.
- Top each mug with ginger beer until full.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and apple slices.
Tangy Cider Fizz
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ oz freshly squeezed juice from half a lemon
- 2 oz Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth
- 1 oz fresh apple cider
- 4 oz club soda, chilled
- Garnish: 1 strip lemon zest
- Add brown sugar to a rocks glass.
- Pour lemon juice over the brown sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour in Carpano Antica and apple cider then fill with ice.
- Stir gently to combine and then top with club soda.
- Garnish with lemon peel and serve.
- 1½ oz Rye whiskey
- ½ oz rosemary simple syrup
- ½ oz lemon juice
- Sparkling apple soda
- Sprig of rosemary and slice of apple for garnish
Rosemary Simple Syrup:
- Add one cup of sugar and one cup of water to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once sugar is dissolved, remove from the heat and add 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Once its cooled, strain the simple syrup and place in a lidded container.
- Keep any extra refrigerated.
- In a cocktail glass, stir together whiskey, simple syrup, and lemon juice.
- Add a scoop of ice.
- Top with sparkling apple soda, then dash with bitters.
- Garnish with your rosemary and apple slice.
Garnish: Lemon twist
- Add ingredients to cocktail shaker, add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with lemon twist.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the pomegranate juice, ginger liqueur, and apple brandy.
- Shake until well-chilled, about 20 seconds.
- Strain evenly into two coupe glasses.
- Top each glass with one ounce of cider and serve.
Peppery Ginger Cider
- 8 oz Apple cider
- 4 oz Bourbon
- 3 oz Ginger liqueur
- Lemon juice to taste
- 4 cherries
- Cracked black pepper
- Bring cider and bourbon to a simmer in small saucepan.
- Stir in ginger liqueur and add lemon juice to taste.
- Divide cherries between 2 heatproof glasses or mugs and pour in cider combination.
- Sprinkle with pepper and serve immediately.
- 2 oz Apple Brandy
- ¾ oz Fresh lemon juice
- ¾ oz Fresh orange juice
- ½ oz Grade B Maple Syrup
- Add ingredients to a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake until well chilled, about 15 seconds, and strain into a chilled coupe.
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 bottle Pinot grigio
- 2 ½ cups fresh apple cider
- 1 cup club soda
- ½ cup Ginger brandy
- 3 honey crisp apples, chopped
- 3 pears, chopped
- Combine all ingredients together and stir throughly.
- Refrigerate for an hour or longer before serving.
- In the bottom of a glass, muddle together mint leaves and simple syrup.
- Add the rum and apple juice, stirring to combine.
- Fill the glass with ice and top with club soda.
- Garnish with apple slices and extra mint leaves as desired.