When most of the United States thinks of fall, their mind conjures bright images of crunchy, colorful leaves, cozy sweaters and cinnamon scented candles. That’s not quite the same for us here in the south. This is Texas; the idea of a picturesque fall where the weather stays below a certain temperature and the leaves look something other than green, or dead brown, seems like a far-off fairy tale. That doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate and pretend, though! Ring in the season with these fall cocktail recipes!
Apple Pie Spritzer
They say there’s nothing as American as apple pie. We say there are few things as autumn as apple pie. This refreshing and crisp, spritzer recipe is the next fall cocktail you need in your life!
- 3 oz. Pearl Apple Pie Vodka
- 2 oz. Apple Cider or Apple Juice
- Club Soda to top
- Fill a glass to the top with crushed ice. Next, pour in the Apple Pie Vodka, Apple Cider, and then top it off with Club Soda. Easy as pie, right?
Kentucky Mulled Cider
This spicy, mulled cider recipe will warm the cockles of your heart on any breezy autumn day!
- 1¼ oz. Bourbon
- Hot apple cider
- Dash of allspice
- Tall cinnamon stick
- Lemon slice
- Add bourbon to a mug. Fill the mug with hot apple cider and dash of allspice.
- Garnish with tall cinnamon stick and lemon slice. Enjoy!
Thyme for fall
Bourbon, maple syrup and thyme all mix together festively for a drink that’s not overly sweet.
- 2 oz. bourbon
- ½ oz. maple syrup
- ½ oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Muddle thyme, then combine ingredients and serve on the rocks. Garnish with a lemon peel.
The Southwestern Sunset
A Texan fall wouldn’t be the same without some Mexican flavors.
- 1½ oz. Tequila
- 1 oz. freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- ½ oz. Fino sherry
- ½ oz. maraschino liqueur
- Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into an ice-filled Old Fashioned glass.
- Top your cocktail with soda water and garnish with a grapefruit twist.
Pumpkin White Russian
Fall wouldn’t be fall without the signature pumpkin spice flavors everywhere. This recipe is a festive autumn twist on the classic White Russian, with a little pumpkin pizzazz.
- 1 oz. Kahlua Pumpkin Spice Liqueur
- 2 oz. Avonak vodka
- 1 oz. heavy cream
- Brown sugar
Rim rocks glass with brown sugar. Combine Kahlua, vodka, and cream into glass over ice. Stir lightly.
If you need help picking out just the right ingredients for your fall cocktails, then ask the helpful masters of mixology working at your local Spec’s Wines, Spirits & Finer Foods.