Hear ye, hear ye! Make way for the Crown. Crown Royal is more than a whisky with a regal name. In fact, the brand got its name because it was created to honor King George VI and Queen Elizabeth’s first trip to Canada. As the top-selling Canadian whisky in the world, it’s no wonder that in North America many believe that Crown Royal does, indeed, wear the crown of whiskies.
The most preferred method to drink Crown Royal is neat or on the rocks. However, when you’re pleasing a variety of party guests you’ll want a crowd pleaser that goes down sweet and easy. So, we bring you a collection of flavored Crown Royal whiskies and party shooter recipes that will do just that!
Main Types of Crown Royal
Crown Royal’s Flavored Series
Crown Royal Shooter Recipes
Not to be confused with the creamy, pink cocktail of the same name. This popular shooter makes cranberry juice the center focus. (Note: This recipe yields for a larger shot.)
- 1 oz Crown Royal
- 1 oz Amaretto liqueur
- 2 oz Cranberry juice
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well.
- Strain into a shot or old-fashioned glass.
Apple Pie A La Mode
Crown Royal Vanilla Whisky and Crown Royal Apple Whisky combine to create this tasty party shooter that’ll go down like a sweet dessert with one quick gulp. Definitely a party pleaser!
- 1 oz Crown Royal Vanilla
- 1 oz Crown Royal Regal Apple
- Simply pour into a shot glass, and enjoy!
Washington Apple Shot
This party shooter can be enjoyed in spring – early fall! Apple and cranberry flavors intermingle amazingly with Crown’s warming taste.
- 1¼ oz Crown Royal Canadian Whiskey
- ¼ oz Apple schnapps
- 1½ oz Cranberry juice
- Combine all the ingredients in a shaker of ice. Shake well, then strain into a shot glass.
Pineapple Upside Down Shot
Like a drinkable dessert with a vanilla whiskey kick!
- 4 oz Crown Royal Vanilla Whisky
- 2 oz Pineapple juice
- 2 oz Cake Vodka
- 4 Maraschino cherries
- Add a cherry to the bottom of each glass. Add the ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well and strain into 4 tall shot glasses. Serve and enjoy!
If you’re throwing a party, any one of these flavored Crown Royal shooters are sure to be an instant hit!