It’s National Appreciate a Dragon Day! Yes, it’s a thing. So, whether you’re a fan of Puff, Smaug, or Drogon, January 16th is the day to raise a glass to your favorite mythological creature. And to make this list of dragon-inspired cocktails even more interesting, we’ve got some classic dragon movies you should checkout as well!
- The NeverEnding Story (1984)
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991)
- DragonHeart (1996)
- Reign of Fire (2002)
- How to Train Your Dragon (2010)
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013)
Now that you’ve got your dragon movie all picked out, you need a proper dragon drink to really get in the mood. Much like Falcor the Luck Dragon, we’ve got your back with a great list of dragon themed cocktail recipes to have you breathing fire in no time!
**You might notice more than a few of these recipes require Bacardi Dragonberry Rum, so we thought we’d take a second to fill you in on what it is. Dragonberry rum uses the taste of exotic dragon fruit and blends it with the sweetness of juicy strawberries.
Dragon fruit (also known as pitaya or pitahaya) is a vibrant and exotic fruit in the cactus family. Under the colorful rind is a succulent white or bright red fruit containing tiny edible black seeds. Its subtle sweetness and slightly tart flavor is similar to that of a melon or a kiwi. So, Dragonberry rum is a bold new flavor that’s unlike any other spirit you’ve tasted.
- 1 part Bacardi Dragonberry Rum
- 3 parts lemon-lime soda
- Pour ingredients over ice and garnish with a lime wedge.
Mother of All Dragons
- 4 oz. cranberry juice
- 2 oz. berry vodka
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- Juice of 1/2 lime, plus a slice for garnish
- Finely ground black pepper
- Pour the cranberry juice, vodka, simple syrup and lime juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake or stir and strain into a martini glass.
- Float a pinch of black pepper on top of cocktail and garnish with a lime slice.
- Fill an 8-ounce flute with ice.
- In a separate glass, mix the vodka, tangerine juice and lychee syrup.
- Pour into the flute, then fill to the top with ginger ale.
- Garnish with a lychee fruit on a skewer.
- 1/2 oz. of passionfruit liqueur
- 1 ½ oz. of organic vodka
- 2 lime wedges or 1/4 ounce of lime juice
- 1 oz. of cranberry juice
- Shake all the ingredients with ice, then strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a lime or lemon wedge.
Dragon Blood Shooter
- 1 part Bacardi Dragonberry Rum
- 1/2 part Triple Sec
- 1/2 part Pomegranate Juice
- 1/4 part Lime Juice
- Shake all ingredients with ice. Strain into a shot glass.
- 2 parts Bacardi Dragonberry Rum
- 1 part Lychee Syrup
- 1 part Lime Juice
- 1 part Pineapple Juice
- 2 parts Cranberry Juice
- Combine all ingredients into a shaker filled halfway with ice.
- Shake well and strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and 3 fresh raspberries speared.
Flaming Angry Dragon
- 1/2 oz. Vodka
- 1/2 oz. Hpnotiq liqueur
- 1/4 oz. Grenadine syrup
- 1/4 oz. Bailey’s Irish cream
- 1 splash Everclear
- Mix together the vodka and Hpnotiq liqueur in a double-shot glass.
- Layer grenadine over the mixture and the Bailey’s over that.
- Add a splash of Everclear over that and light the shot on fire.
- Extinguish, and serve in a shot glass
Goose The Dragon
- In a cocktail shaker, mix all ingredients and shake hard. Finely strain.
- Garnish with a lemon twist (discard).
- Serve in a coupette and garnish with a sprig of tarragon.
- Add all the ingredients to a shaker and shake without ice
- Fill with ice, shake again and strain into a coupe glass
- Twist a swatch of orange peel over the drink and discard
- 1 ½ parts Bacardi Dragonberry Rum
- 3/4 parts Lemon Juice
- 1/2 part Simple Syrup
- Shake all ingredients with ice.
- Strain into a shot glass.