Even before you take the first sip of a frosty slushy, an instant cool down happens to your psyche. Now, take that same beverage concept, add your favorite wine, and presto! You’ve created what we call a Plush Slush.
It’s a more sophisticated way to help guests keep their cool when you’re entertaining outside or poolside. Added benefit? It keeps their drinks from getting watered down.
Pick out a few of the glacially groovy suggestions below then head to Spec’s and stock up for the next “cold front” happening at your home!
- 1 cup cubed watermelon
- ½ bottle Moscato
- Mint sprig for garnish
- Place watermelon, wine and ice into a blender. Process until slushy. Garnish with a mint sprig. Enjoy!
Sangria Slush – serves 2
- 8 oz red wine
- 2 oz brandy
- 2 oz orange liqueur
- 3 cups frozen fruit
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Place all the ingredients in a blender, puree, and pour into glasses.
Berry Peachy Slushy – serves 4
- 1 bottle Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 peaches, blanched, peeled, sliced & frozen
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced & frozen
- Lime wheels for garnish
- Add 2 cups of wine and frozen peach slices into a blender.
- Puree until smooth and pour into a medium bowl.
- Add strawberries and remaining wine to the blender and puree until slushy.
- Fill each glass with ½ of strawberry mixture and ½ of peach mixture to create two layers. Garnish with lime wheels. Cheers!