Sure, you could eat all the candy in your Easter basket, but it’s much more fun to drink it! From Peeps and jelly beans to chocolate bunnies and crème filled eggs, the goodies in your basket are practically begging to be thrown in the blender, doused with alcohol, and consumed by a responsible adult.
So, if you’ve got little ones with “excess” candy in their baskets, or you want an excuse to hit the candy aisle (or just want it to taste like you did), we’ve put together some recipes of our favorite ways to drink candy! Check out these Easter candy-inspired cocktail recipes.
A chocolate martini that tastes exactly like a Snickers.
- 3 oz. Caramel Vodka
- 1 oz. Irish Cream (plain or caramel flavor)
- 1 oz. Chocolate Liqueur
- ½ oz. Amaretto
- Splash half-and-half (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake until chilled and strain into martini glasses.
- Garnish with whipped cream and mini Snickers.
A boozy Peep milkshake for the ultimate dessert in a glass.
- 2 oz. Lemon Vodka
- 1½ oz. White Chocolate liqueur
- 1 oz. Rum Chata
- 1 Tbsp. Marshmallow Fluff Creme
- 1 Peep (chopped)
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Sugar for glass rim
- Colored Sprinkles
- Whipped cream
- Peeps (for garnish)
- Scoop a large amount of ice cream in a blender (about half a container for two milkshakes).
- Add liquors plus marshmallow creme and chopped Peep.
- Blend until incorporated and desired thickness.
- Rim glass with marshmallow creme and roll in colored sugar.
- Fill glass and garnish with whipped cream, sprinkles and a Peep.
Cadbury Crème Shooters
A delicious shot served in a chocolate egg.
- 2 oz. Vodka
- 2 oz. Kahlua
- 1 oz. Coconut Cream
- 1 Cadbury Creme Egg
- Cut open a Cadbury Cream Egg and place upside down in a shot glass to drain.
- Pour vodka, Kahlua and coconut cream into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously until chilled
- Strain into empty (-ish) chocolate egg
- Take the shot and chase with the remaining creme
Jelly Bean Dream
Jelly beans and white chocolate, need we say more?
- 2 oz. Godiva white chocolate liqueur
- 1 oz. Vodka
- 1 oz. Milk
- ½ oz. Blue Curacao
- Jelly beans for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker and shake well
- Strain into a Champagne glass and top with a skewer of jelly beans
Peanut Butter Egg Cocktail
Peanut butter and chocolate and rum – perfection.
- 1½ oz. Creme de Cacao
- 1 oz. Kahlua
- 1 oz. Frangelico
- ½ oz. White Rum
- 2 Tbsp. Creamy peanut butter
- 3 oz. Cream or milk
- Chocolate syrup for garnish
- In a martini shaker, combine the alcohols and the peanut butter, stir until the peanut butter is dissolved into the alcohols.
- Add cream and ice to the peanut butter mixture and shake to chill and combine. Prepare a martini glass by pouring a little chocolate in the bottom, decorate as you wish.
- Pour cocktail through strainer and serve.
Hop into your nearest Spec’s Wines, Spirits & Finer Foods and stock up on your holiday favorites.