There are times when a glass of liquor is just what you need to take the edge off, but sometimes what you really need is some rich, velvety chocolate to make everything right in the world. Thankfully, combining these two is easier than you think!
Join us as we celebrate National Chocolate Day with a collection of truly divine chocolate cocktails you can whip up when life is whooping up on you.
Chocolate Old Fashioned
- 2 oz. bourbon
- 1 sugar cube
- 3 dashes chocolate bitters
- 1 orange twist
- Splash of water
- Ice cubes
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Put the sugar cube in an old-fashioned glass. Add three to four dashes of the chocolate bitters and the orange twist.
- Muddle the ingredients in the glass until the sugar is crushed and the orange twist releases its oils.
- Add the bourbon and a splash of water. Stir. Add ice cubes to preference.
- Garnish with the cherry.
- In a small glass, combine the creme de cacao, strawberry liqueur, and cream, stirring to mix well.
- Garnish with a strawberry.
Chocolate Cake Shooter
- ¾ oz. hazelnut liqueur
- ¾ oz. vanilla vodka
- Ice for shaker
- Sugar (for rim)
- Lemon (for rim and garnish)
- Rim a shot glass with lemon and dip into sugar. Set aside.
- Pour hazelnut liqueur and vanilla vodka into a shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into shot glass.
- Garnish with the lemon slice.
- ½ oz. Vodka
- dash Vanilla extract
- 1 ½ oz. Chocolate Liqueur
- 1 oz coffee liqueur
- 2 ½ oz. half-n-half
- chocolate syrup, shaved chocolate and/or a slice of fresh strawberry for garnish
- Combine vodka, vanilla extract, chocolate liqueur, coffee liqueur, half-n-half into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Close the lid tightly and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a slice of fresh strawberry.
- 1 part Pisco
- 1 part Fernet Branca
- Splash Clement “Creole Shrubb” Liqueur d’Orang
- 1 double shot espresso
Combine Pisco Portón, Fernet & orange liqueur in glass; top with espresso. Serve hot with a wedge of 77% cacao chocolate.
Oaxaca Old Fashioned
- 1 ½ oz. reposado tequila
- 1 oz. mezcal
- 1 bar spoon agave nectar
- 3 dashes Bittermens Xocolatl Mole bitters
- Add all ingredients into a shaker tin and shake thoroughly.
- Serve on the rocks in cocktail glass.
- Garnish with orange peel.
- ½ oz. Chocolate Liqueur
- ½ oz. Curacao
- ½ oz. Cuervo Gold Tequila
- ½ oz. Cointreau
- Pour the chocolate liqueur in shot glass
- Mix the other ingredients and pour them on top.
- Layer in order so the root beer is at the bottom, then chocolate liqueur, followed by a few dashes of schnapps in a shot glass.