For some people, Halloween brings out their inner decorating monster, others get super creative with costumes, and then there’s the creepy cocktail connoisseurs! These mixologists of mayhem are the ones who fuel the fun for all their fellow ghouls, and without them we’d just be adults dressed like children standing around someone’s yard.
So, in order to get the most out of your Halloween hootnanny, check out this list of devilishly delicious cocktail recipes sure to light up the night!
Drinks That Glow
There are several safe-to-consume liquids that glow under a blacklight that you can use to make eerie drinks.
- Tonic water (blue)
- Energy drinks with B vitamins (bright yellow)
- Milk (yellow)
- Vanilla ice cream (yellow)
- Caramel (golden yellow)
- Honey (golden yellow)
- Syrup (golden yellow)
- Sprite, 7Up, Mountain Dew, and other clear drinks will seem to glow as well because they reflect the light of a blacklight.
The Sparkling Spirit
- Tonic water
- Cranberry juice (or grape juice or other purple juice)
- Gin, vodka, or rums, optional for adult parties
- Fill the glass about ⅓ to ½ full of juice.
- Add alcohol
- Add tonic water (or diet tonic water) until the glass is full.
- Turn on the black light and flip off the regular lights.
- Serve the drink and enjoy the glowing color.
The Green Scorpion
- Energy drink with B vitamins (Rockstar, Red Bull, Monster, etc.)
- Blue food coloring
- Rum, Texas whiskey, Jagermeister, or vodka
- Pour an energy drink into a glass.
- Add alcohol
- Add several drops of blue food coloring.
- Turn on the black light.
- Mix the drink and watch as it changes from a bright yellow glow to a bright green.
- Serve and enjoy! Just don’t drink it right before bedtime.
Toxic Slime Jell-O
- Tonic water
- Lime-flavored Jell-O (or any green variety)
- Sugar (optional)
- Vodka or a fruity rum
- Begin by making the Jell-O following the instructions on the box. Typically, you boil 1 cup of water. Then add the Jell-O mix and 1 cup of room temperature water. However, you will substitute tonic water for regular water in this glowing recipe.
- Add about ½ cup of sugar as you mix in the Jell-O powder. Tonic water has a bitter taste, so adding sugar to the Jell-O balances out the flavor. It is optional, though. You can also add more or less sugar to taste.
- You will substitute the alcohol for about 1 of the cups of tonic water depending on how potent you want the shots. Pour the Jell-O into small containers, such as small cups or clean baby food jars.
- Sticking small hazardous material stickers or other caution signs onto the cups is a great way to make the Jell-O look radioactive. You can also add in gummy worms or Swedish fish to make it look like a swamp mix if you are having a themed party.
- Refrigerate for two to four hours before serving if you want the Jell-O solid. If you want the Jell-O runnier for drinking rather than eating, chill it for less time before you serve it.
Halloween Cocktails That Are Just Delicious
- 1 oz. Light rum
- 2 oz. Coconut rum
- 1 oz. Blue Curacao
- 1 Handful ice
- Pineapple juice
- Pineapple wedge (for garnish)
- Combine both rums and Blue Curacao in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake, then pour into a cocktail glass.
- Fill the rest of the glass with chilled pineapple juice. Garnish with a pineapple wedge.
Punch For Your Poltergeists
Bloody Rum Punch
- 750ml bottle of Don Q Cristal Rum
- ½ bottle red wine
- 6 oz. Triple sec liqueur
- 6 oz. Fresh lime juice
- 6 oz. Simple syrup
- 2 Limes sliced in thin wheels
- 2 Red oranges sliced in thin wheels
- Add all ingredients into a large punch bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving.
- Serve over ice in a punch glass.
Pomegranate Ginger Punch
- 6 oz. Everclear
- 1 cup Cold water
- ¼ cup Superfine sugar
- 32 oz. Pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup Lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 24 oz. Ginger beer
- In a beverage dispenser or large pitcher, stir together the water, sugar, pomegranate juice, Everclear and lime juice; chill.
- Stir in ginger beer just before serving.
- Garnish with fresh limes and pomegranate arils.
Pumpkin Pie Punch
- 1 cup Vodka
- ½ gal. Cold apple cider
- 15 oz. Canned pumpkin
- 12 oz. Cream soda
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- Cool whip or whipped cream for garnish
- In a large pitcher, stir together the cider and pumpkin. Use a large whisk and stir until fully combined.
- Stir in the cream soda, pumpkin pie spice, and vodka.
- Serve cold topped with whipped cream or cool whip.