For many of us, lockdown was an opportunity to focus on our personal fitness goals but, after a sporadic lackluster effort, we ended up focusing on fitness whole pizza in our mouths instead.
No matter how you handle things one thing is for sure, if there’s an easy way to cut some calories while still enjoying ourselves, we’re all for it! A great way to lose the couch curves and start making a dent in that beach bod is to switch up your cocktail game. Whether you’re looking for a post-workout beverage that won’t negate all your hard work or just looking to have a round and not add a pound, a lower calorie bevvy might be just what you need. Don’t worry though, just because it’s low in calories doesn’t mean it has to be low in taste!
Check out our favorite skinny summer sippers; perfect for procrastinating…or rather, “planning”, your upcoming workout routine!
Coconut Water Champagne Fruit Punch – 132 calories
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water
- 1 cup champagne
- 1/2 cup orange juice or pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup to 2 cups fresh or frozen fruit
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl or pitcher, stir to combine, chill in the refrigerator before serving.
Kir Royal – 104 calories
- Pour 1 teaspoon of crème de cassis in each glass.
- Top with champagne and serve
Coconut Mango Mojito – 126 calories
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves
- 2 1/2 oz. of mint simple syrup
- 1 oz. of coconut rum
- 1 1/2 oz.. of club soda
- 1-2 oz. of mango puree
- juice of one lime
- Blend chopped mango with lime in blender until smooth.
- Muddle 1 ounce of simple syrup with mint leaves.
- Fill a glass with ice and add muddled mint, rum, remaining simple syrup, mango puree, lime juice and club soda.
- Stir gently, garnish with sprig of mint and serve.
French Kiss Cocktail – 116 calories
- 1 bottle Prosecco
- 1 package organic raspberries
- 8 mint leaves
- 1/2 lemon
- Gluten-free vodka
- 1 tsp. Chambord liquor
- Place 5 berries in the bottom of your champagne glass.
- Add 2 mint leaves.
- Using a spoon, muddle raspberries until slightly mashed, but somewhat whole.
- Fill up glass with Champagne.
- Add a dash of vodka.
- Add a dash of lemon juice.
- Top with 1 tsp. Chambord.
Tart Cherry Martini – 70 calories
- In a mixing glass, combine all ingredients and stir vigorously for about 30 seconds.
- Strain into two martini glasses and serve immediately.