The last thing you want to be doing on Labor Day is labor. Known as the bookend of summer, you’ll soon be reaching for a jacket instead of suntan lotion. So, we want you to get the most of out the last summer holiday. That’s why we’ve put together a collection of “easy labor” cocktails so you can get back to the grilling and chilling with a drink in hand!
- Drink about 2 oz. of the beer, then pour in the spirit.
- Drink (or pour out) about ¼ of the beer.
- Pour the other two ingredients directly into the can.
- Stir with straw or stirrer to mix.
- 1½ oz. gin
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker.
- Shake, strain into a chilled glass and garnish with lemon twist
- 1 lime, cut into quarters
- 1–2 tsp. superfine sugar (to taste)
- 2 oz. cachaça
- In a shaker, muddle fresh limes with sugar.
- Add cachaça and ice cubes and shake vigorously.
- Pour, unstrained, into a chilled glass.
- 1 ½ oz. honey habanero moonshine
- ¾ oz. blue curacao
- 2 oz. pineapple juice
- ½ oz. cream of coconut
- ½ oz. lemon juice
- Add all ingredients to a tin and shake vigorously.
- Strain over crushed ice into a hurricane or tulip glass and garnish with a cherry and orange slice.
- 2 oz. rye whiskey
- ½ oz. fresh lemon juice
- ½ oz. simple syrup
- Muddle the mint and simple syrup in the bottom of a mixing glass.
- Add ice, whiskey and lemon juice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice.