Kombucha. You’ve probably seen it in stores, and possibly had a friend tell you all about the magical health properties of kombucha. If you haven’t heard about this tonic and are wondering what the rave is about, here’s the 411:
Kombucha is a fermented, slightly alcoholic (0.5%), lightly effervescent, sweetened black or green tea drink commonly intended as a functional beverage for its claimed health benefits. It’s often flavored with juice or spices to enhance the taste.
So, there ya go – it’s fermented tea.
While some of them are actually quite good, it’s definitely an acquired taste! And what better way to acquire that taste than by mixing up some kombucha cocktails?
We’ve picked our favorite flavors and had our mixologist masterminds whip up 4 delicious recipes for you to try!
Pretty in Pink
- 1½ oz. Citrus Gin
- ½ tsp. Pink peppercorns
- 3 Strawberries, plus one for garnish
- ¼ tsp. Agave nectar
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 4 oz. Kombucha Ginger
- Strawberry, for garnish
- In cocktail shaker, use a muddler to crush the peppercorns.
- Add strawberries and muddle with crushed pepper.
- Add gin, agave, salt and ice.
- Shake well, and strain into a highball glass over fresh ice.
- Top with kombucha.
- Garnish with a strawberry.
- 1½ oz. Aquavit
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Coarsely chopped dill
- 3 oz. Green tea kombucha
- Dill sprigs (for garnish)
- Shake sugar and ¼ cup water in a jar until sugar dissolves. Stir in dill. Cover; chill until flavors infuse, 24–48 hours.
- Strain dill syrup.
- Combine kombucha, aquavit, and ½ oz. dill syrup in a highball glass half-filled with crushed ice. Stir. Add more crushed ice, mounding above rim.
- Garnish with a dill sprig.
- 1½ oz. Vodka
- ¾ oz. Fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. Simple syrup
- 3 oz. Ginger-flavored kombucha
- Lime wedge (for serving)
- Combine vodka, lime juice, and simple syrup in an ice-filled glass.
- Top with kombucha and garnish with a lime wedge.
- 1½ oz Vodka
- 2 oz. Pineapple & Peach Kombucha
- ½ oz. Coconut Milk
- 3 oz. Sparkling Water
- Fresh Pineapple Chunks to garnish
- In a tall glass filled with ice, add vodka, kombucha, and coconut milk.
- Stir to combine. Top with sparkling water and garnish with a wedge of pineapple.
Whether you’re a fan of Kombucha or not, hop on into Spec’s Wines, Spirits & Finer Foods for all of your cocktail needs!