The mojito is a classic cocktail praised for its sweet smoothness by the likes of Ernest Hemmingway and James Bond. Usually it’s best not to mess with a classic, but sometimes you find yourself oversaturated with beachy cocktails and yearning for something familiar yet different.
And that’s why we’ve gathered up some tasty twists on the mojito. Some use flavored rum, fresh fruits or even a different alcohol entirely, but one thing is for certain, they’re all refreshingly delicious! So, get your muddler ready to muddle and checkout some mouthwatering mojitos!
Pineapple Mint Mojito
- 2 oz. Pineapple rum
- ½ oz. Pineapple juice
- 4 Lime wedges
- 12 leaves Pineapple mint
- ¼ oz Simple syrup
- Lightly muddle lime, pineapple mint leaves, and simple syrup in sugar-rimmed Collins glass, and then fill with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, briefly shake rum and pineapple juice with ice and strain into glass, then top with a splash of club soda.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge.
- 1½ oz. Sweet sake rice wine
- 1 squeezed lime
- ½ tsp. brown sugar
- 3 fresh Shiso leaves
- Shiso leaf for garnish
- In a chilled Collins glass add, in order, the lime, brown sugar, and 3 shiso leaves.
- Muddle until aromatic and well mixed.
- Add ice, then pour the sake over the ice.
- Top with Sprite and garnish with a whole shiso leaf.
- 1½ oz. Blanco tequila
- ½ oz. Creme de cassis
- 1 tbsp. Brown sugar
- 2 wedges Lime
- 12 leaves Fresh mint
- Soda water
- Muddle sugar, mint and squeezed lime wedges in mixing tin until mixture smells like spearmint gum.
- Fill with ice, add tequila and cassis, shake until the tin is icey to the touch.
- Pour into a Collins glass, top with soda and garnish with a sugarcane stick and fresh mint.
- ½ oz. Creme de Fraise des Bois
- 2 oz. Rum
- 6 Strawberries
- 3 wedges Lime
- 1 splash Soda water
- 2 Mint sprigs (1 for garnish)
- Strawberry for garnish
- In the bottom of your chilled highball glass, muddle strawberries, mint, lime and Creme de Fraise des Bois.
- Add rum, then fill the glass with soda water and stir.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint (clap the leaves between your hands once to bruise them and bring out the aroma) and a strawberry.
- 2 oz. Coconut rum
- 6 Mint leaves
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 1-1½ tsp. Sugar or sweetener (more if desired)
- Seltzer water
- In a tall (12 ounce) glass add mint leaves, juice of half a lime and sweetener.
- Using a wooden muddle, muddle the mint into the bottom of the glass. This will release the mint flavor and help dissolve the sweetener. The mint will tear, this is totally normal.
- Pour in coconut rum and stir to combine. Your sweetener should be dissolved at this point.
- Fill the glass to the top with ice and pour in seltzer water. Serve with an extra wedge of lime and enjoy!
Bodacious Herbaceous Mojito
- 1 oz. Beefeater
- 1 oz. St Germain
- 1 lime, cubed
- Caster sugar
- Geranium essence in a dropper
- Cloudy apple juice
- Crushed ice
- Rose petal
- In a highball glass, muddle six cubes of lime with a bar spoon of caster sugar
- Tear ten mint leaves, add to the glass and muddle lightly
- Fill the glass with crushed ice
- Add one measure of Beefeater and one measure of St Germain
- Churn and add more crushed ice
- Add two drops of geranium essence, top with apple juice and stir gently
- Garnish with a mint sprig and a rose petal
- 2 oz. Dark rum
- 8 Mint leaves
- 2 tsp. Brown sugar
- Juice of ½ lime
- Club soda
- Gently muddle the mint with the lime juice and brown sugar.
- Add crushed ice and the rum.
- Fill to the top of the glass with club soda.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.
- 2 oz. Light or reposado tequila
- 3-5 wedges of lime
- 1 bar spoon of Agave syrup
- 5 Mint leaves
- crushed ice
- 3 oz. Soda water
- Squeeze lime wedges in glass.
- Lightly muddle lime with agave syrup.
- Clap mint to bring out flavor and add to glass.
- Add crushed ice and tequila.
- Churn all ingredients together.
- Top with crushed ice and soda water.
- Garnish with a few sprigs of mint.
- 1½ oz. Rum
- 1 whole Lime (cut into 8 wedges)
- 1 tbsp. Granulated sugar (optional)
- Lime sparkling water
- 10 Mint leaves (fresh)
- 2 slices Jalapeño (fresh)
- Crushed ice
- In your tall glass, add the limes, mint leaves, and jalapeño slices.
- Muddle until the mint, limes, and jalapeños are bruised and the oils/juices are released.
- Add the rum.
- Stir to combine.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Fill the rest of the space with your Lime Sparkling Water.
- Garnish with a mint leaf, lime slice, and/or jalapeño slice.