It’s officially fall and you know what that means – pumpkin spice everything!
It’s the same seasonal madness that draws us toward shiny red hearts in February or rocket pops at the Fourth of July: for a few months out of every year, we collectively crave the very particular, very peculiar flavor of pumpkin, wherever we can get it.
We tend to lean toward the, generally least intrusive, pumpkin delivery system of a fall cocktail.
You’ll see it most often with bourbon or whiskey, or one of those creamy pumpkin pie kind of drinks, but we know not everyone is a fan of every spirit, so we’ve gathered a range of cocktails for every taste.
- ½ oz agave nectar
- 1½ tsp oz ginger liqueur
- 1½ oz cachaca
- 1½ oz pumpkin puree
- ½ lime
- Nutmeg for garnish
- Lime wheel for garnish
- Muddle the lime, agave nectar, and fresh ginger in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Add cachaca, pumpkin puree, and ice.
- Shake until thoroughly mixed and chilled.
- Strain into a glass filled with ice, and garnish with grated nutmeg and a lime wheel.
Pumpkin Spice Gin Sour
- 2 oz of gin
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp of pumpkin butter
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup of ice
- Thyme sprigs
- Add gin, lemon juice, pumpkin butter, and egg white to cocktail shaker. Shake mixture for 20 seconds; add ice.
- Shake mixture again for 20 seconds. Strain into serving glass
Apple, Pumpkin Beer Cocktail
- 8 oz bourbon
- 9 oz apple cider
- 2½ oz lemon juice
- 12 oz pumpkin ale
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Cranberries for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, shake together the bourbon, apple cider and lemon juice.
- Pour into 4 glasses filled with ice. Pour the beer evenly into each glass.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and cranberries. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Fireball Pumpkin Pie Shots
- Combine all ingredients into a shot glass. Drink!