Looking for the best holiday cocktails to impress the relatives? Well, lucky for you so were we, and that’s why we’ve got such a great list for you! Because everyone is different, we’ve narrowed it down to four cocktails that we think express the best flavors of the season. It’s the easiest way to wow your family without becoming a doctor.
North Pole Eggnog
- 1 oz. amaretto
- 1 oz. vodka
- 2 oz. store bought eggnog
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of cinnamon
- caramel sauce for rimming the glass
- Rim a cocktail glass with caramel sauce.
- Shake the eggnog, amaretto and vodka together in a shaker filled halfway with ice.
- Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with more cinnamon.
- 3 oz. vanilla vodka
- 1 ½ oz. Bailey’s
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon schnapps
- 1 ½ oz. ginger syrup
- 1 ½ oz. milk or half and half
- ginger cookies
- whipped cream
- Dip rim of a martini glass into honey and then dip into crushed ginger cookies until coated.
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with 1 cup of ice.
- Shake vigorously for around 30 seconds and strain into a prepared martini glass.
- Top with whipped cream and a ginger cookie.
Peppermint White Russian
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- ¼ cup peppermint candy bits
- 4 oz. Kahlúa coffee liqueur
- 2 oz. peppermint vodka
- 4 oz. half and half cream
- 6–8 ice cubes
- Apply a thin layer of vanilla frosting around the rims of both glasses.
- Add the peppermint bits to a shallow bowl. Dip the rims of each glass into the candy, covering the frosting entirely. Chill for 10 minutes.
- In a cocktail shaker, add the Kahlúa, vodka and half-and-half cream. Shake well.
- Pour into the peppermint-rimmed serving glasses (filled with ice) and enjoy!
- 1 rosemary sprig
- whole cranberries
- Place the orange liqueur and cranberry juice in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake for 15 seconds until cold.
- Strain the liquid into a champagne flute.
- Top off the glass with champagne (no need to measure).
- Garnish and serve.