Who doesn’t love brunch?! It’s the perfect start to a lazy weekend, and as a socially acceptable bonus, drinking is encouraged!
The downfall is that if you don’t get there early, you’ll be stuck waiting in line as others take their time savoring every bite and sip, while you stand around watching (and getting more hungry!).
So, why not invite your pals over and brunch at home? There’s no wait and bottomless drinks are hard to beat.
We’ve got some brunch pairings based off the easiest to make, and arguably most delicious, breakfast item – the waffle. No wonder it has a national holiday! Waffle Day is celebrated on March 25th.
Prepare to be inspired to imbibe with these delicious waffle and cocktail pairings!
Cheese & Bacon-Filled Waffles with Smoky Bacon Bloody Mary
Bloody Mary Ingredients
- 1 ½ oz. Bacon flavored vodka
- 4 oz. tomato juice
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 dashes of cayenne pepper hot sauce
- Juice of half a lemon
- ½ tsp. dried ground horseradish
- 1 slice of cooked bacon
- 1 celery stalk
- A sprinkle of seasoned salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Fill a shaker with ice.
- Add remaining ingredients and give it several good shakes.
- Pour it into a seasoned salt-rimed glass and garnish with a piece of cooked bacon and a celery stalk.
Cheese & Bacon Waffle Ingredients
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent rolls
- 6 Tbsp. finely chopped fontina or Gouda cheese
- 6 Tbsp. crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. Bourbon
- Heat waffle maker. Remove dough from cans (do not unroll). Cut each roll of dough into 6 rounds, making a total of 12 rounds.
- Press each round until 3 1/2 inches in diameter. Place 1 Tbsp. cheese and 1 Tbsp. bacon on each of the six rounds. Top each with another round; press lightly.
- Spray waffle maker with cooking spray. Place stacked rounds on waffle maker; close lid. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove waffle. Repeat with remaining stacked rounds.
- In small pitcher, mix syrup and bourbon. Serve warm waffles with syrup.
Cinnamon Roll Waffles with Moscow Mule
Moscow Mule Ingredients
- 2 oz. Vodka
- ½ oz. lime juice
- 6 oz. ginger beer
- Squeeze lime juice into a Collins glass (or Moscow Mule mug) and drop in the spent lime.
- Add 2 or 3 ice cubes, then pour in the vodka and fill with cold ginger beer.
- Serve with a stirring rod.
Cinnamon Roll Waffles Ingredients
- 1 tube Pillsbury™ cinnamon rolls with icing
- Cooking spray
- Open container of cinnamon rolls and separate rolls. Set glaze aside.
- Heat waffle maker to medium. Spray both plates of the iron with cooking spray. Place one cinnamon roll in the center and close the lid. Cook 3 minutes until both sides are golden brown and roll is baked through.
- Remove roll with a spatula; transfer to a plate to cool. Repeat with remaining rolls.
- Transfer glaze to a microwave-safe bowl; heat 10 seconds until smooth. Drizzle over warm waffles.
Vanilla Berry Waffles with Smokey Tequila Grapefruit Cocktail
Tequila Grapefruit Cocktail Ingredients
- ½ tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. Smoked salt
- 1 ½ oz. (3 Tbsp.) Tequila blanco
- 1 ½ oz. (3 Tbsp.) grapefruit juice
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar
- Dash bitters
- Rim a martini glass with honey. Dip in smoked salt.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, grapefruit juice, agave nectar and bitters. Shake to combine.
- Serve in salt-rimmed glass over ice.
Vanilla Berry Waffle Ingredients
- 1/3 cup pancake Mix
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla paste
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup Mascarpone cheese, softened
- 2 cups fresh berries and cherries
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- Preheat a round waffle iron. Spray with nonstick baking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together pancake mix, buttermilk, melted butter, and 1 tsp. vanilla paste.
- Cook waffle in preheated waffle iron until golden brown.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add mascarpone. Whip again until stiff peaks form. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe mascarpone cheese on top of waffle. Top with berries.
- In a microwave-safe small bowl, heat honey and remaining 1/2-tsp. vanilla paste together until runny, about 20 seconds. Drizzle honey over the fruit and serve.