Few drinks personify the holiday season like eggnog. While it may not be everyone’s favorite, it certainly hits the spot when spiked with alcohol. With so many varieties of eggnog and eggnog cocktails out there, we decided to offer up some of our favorites to help you get through the holidays!
Spiced Eggnog Cocktail
- 1 quart eggnog
- ¼ cup Captain Morgan’s 100-proof spiced rum
- ¼ cup Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons Wild Turkey Kentucky bourbon
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground cloves
- Ground nutmeg
- Demerara sugar, to coat the rim of each glass
- In a blender, add eggnog, rum, Kahlua, bourbon and vanilla.
- In a small dish, shake equal amounts of each of the three spices and mix together. Then portion out ¼ teaspoon of the spice mix and add to the eggnog mixture. Hold the rest to sprinkle on the finished filled glasses. Pulse the blender just a few seconds to blend ingredients.
- Pour Demerara sugar into a small, flat plate. With a little bit of eggnog on your finger, rub the rim of the glass then dip the rim into the sugar.
- Carefully pour eggnog mix into each glass and sprinkle a little of the reserved spice mix over the top of each and serve immediately.
- 12 Eggs
- 2 cups Super Fine Sugar
- 3 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Fresh Ground Nutmeg
- 4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 cups Aged White Rum
- Separate the eggs and beat the yolks until stiff, and beat the egg whites with 1 cup of sugar until thick and foamy.
- Fold the yolks back into the egg whites and combine with the rest of your ingredients.
- Refrigerate overnight to let the flavors marry, and then serve with a garnish of fresh ground cinnamon.
- 1 oz. Cognac or Brandy
- ½ oz. Art in the Age “ROOT” Liqueur
- 2 oz. Eggnog
- Fresh Nutmeg, for garnish
- Combine brandy, liqueur and eggnog in a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Stir to combine and grate fresh nutmeg over top.
Pudding on The Nog
- 1 ½ parts Maker’s Mark Bourbon
- ½ part Amaro
- 1 part Simple Syrup
- 1 part Heavy Cream
- 2 parts Whole Milk
- 2 bar spoons Sugar-Free, Low-Fat Vanilla Pudding Mix
- Add all ingredients into a shaker and shake—without ice—until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
- Pour into a rocks glass, then freshly grate nutmeg and a cinnamon stick over the top and enjoy!
- 1 part Sauza Conmemorativo Anejo
- 1 part Maker’s Mark Bourbon
- 3 parts Eggnog
- Whipped Cream, for garnish
- In a shaker filled with ice combine eggnog, tequila, and bourbon.
- Shake to combine and serve chilled. Float whipped cream on top. Enjoy!
- 1 large egg (separated)
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar (superfine; divided)
- 1 oz heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon amaretto
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (pure)
- 1 ½ oz Mount Gay Eclipse Rum
- Garnish: grated cinnamon and nutmeg
- Separate the egg into two bowls.
- With a hand mixer, beat the yolk until stiff.
- Beat the egg white with 1 teaspoon sugar until peaks form.
- Slowly fold the white and yolk together using a spoon.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream with the almond and vanilla extracts and the remaining teaspoon of sugar until stiff.
- Slowly fold the cream into the egg mixture.
- Add the rum and stir gently.
- Refrigerate overnight or serve immediately over ice in a punch or martini glass.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg and cinnamon.