Arriving the day before Valentine’s Day, Galentine’s Day is a day for celebrating the love you have for your lady friends; single or not, it’s all about the girls getting down. And that means cocktails! Sure, you could stick to the average beverages, but to properly honor those lady relations you need a drink worthy of raising high above the mundane.
So, we’re happy to help ignite the mixology magic you and your pals deserve with these lady-powered libations that are sure to please any crowd!
Raspberry Chocolate Kiss Cocktail
- ¼ cup vodka
- 2 tbsp. cranberry juice
- ¼ cup Mint-Infused Simple Syrup, plus more for rim
- 3 chocolate cookies, finely crushed, such as Nabisco Famous Wafers
- 10 raspberries
- Ice cubes
- Fill a shallow dish with enough simple syrup to just cover the bottom. Place crushed cookies into another shallow dish. Invert a martini glass into simple syrup and then immediately into crushed cookies to coat the rim of the glass.
- Place raspberries in a cocktail shaker; crush with a muddler. Add simple syrup and muddle again. Add vodka and cranberry juice; fill shaker with ice. Shake well until chilled. Strain into prepared martini glass. Serve immediately.
- ½ oz. Triple Sec
- 1½ oz. pomegranate liqueur
- 1 oz. X-Rated fusion liqueur
- 1 tbsp. coarse red sugar
- 1½ oz. lemon-lime soda
- 1 oz. cranberry-pomegranate juice
- 1 cups ice cubes
- Lemon peel strip, optional
- Sprinkle red sugar on a plate. Moisten rim of a cocktail glass with water; dip rim in sugar to coat.
- Fill a shaker three-fourths full of ice. Add soda, liqueurs and juice; cover and shake until condensation forms on outside of shaker, 10-15 seconds. Strain into prepared glass. If desired, garnish with lemon peel.
Sparkling Peach Bellini
- 2 bottles champagne
- 3 medium peaches, halved
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 can peach nectar, chilled
- Line a baking sheet with a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 18×12 in.). Place peach halves, cut sides up, on foil; drizzle with honey. Fold foil over peaches and seal.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Cool completely; remove and discard peels. In a food processor, process peaches until smooth.
- Transfer peach puree to a pitcher. Add the nectar and 1 bottle of champagne; stir until combined. Pour into 12 champagne flutes or wine glasses; top with remaining champagne. Serve immediately.
- 6 cups unsweetened apple juice, chilled
- ¾ cup pear-flavored vodka, chilled
- Ice cubes
- Cubed fresh pineapple
- In a pitcher, mix apple juice and vodka. Serve over ice. Garnish with pineapple.
- 2 oz. vodka
- 2 oz. creme de cacao or chocolate liqueur
- Ice cubes
- GARNISH: Chocolate shavings, white chocolate curl or chocolate truffle
- Fill a mixing glass or tumbler three-fourths full with ice. Add vodka and creme de cacao; stir until condensation forms on outside of glass.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish as desired.
- Using the lemon slice, moisten the rim of a chilled cocktail glass; set lemon aside. Sprinkle sugar on a plate; hold glass upside down and dip rim into sugar. Discard remaining sugar on plate.
- Fill a shaker three-fourths full with ice. Add vodka, limoncello and lemon juice; cover and shake until condensation forms on outside of shaker, 10-15 seconds.
- Strain into prepared glass. Garnish with lemon slice.