It’s a fact, summertime is rum time. You may think of rum for vacation cocktails, but you don’t have to live on a tropical island to enjoy all the perks of a tasty rum; all you need is a bit of sunshine and…well, that’s about it.
Join us as we sip our way to paradise with this collection of unique rum cocktails!
- Blend with one cup of crushed ice in a shaker or blender for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a champagne saucer and serve.
- Combine in a blender with ice.
- Top with a drizzle of blue Curacao.
- 1 3/4 oz. Light Rum
- 1/2 oz. Triple Sec
- 1/2 oz. lime juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Mix ingredients with ice in shaker.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass or serve on the rocks.
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice.
- Shake and double strain into a glass.
Pineapple Basil Rum Fizz
- 1 large pineapple
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (roughly 3 limes)
- 5-6 large basil leaves
- 6 oz. light rum
- club soda, as needed
- granulated sugar, as needed
- Peel and core the pineapple. Cut into chunks. Place the pineapple into a high-powered blender and puree for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth and pureed completely–it should yield roughly four cups of pineapple juice. The texture should be that of a thick orange juice. Transfer the pineapple juice to a large container or pitcher, and allow it to chill completely in the fridge.
- Place the lime juice and basil leaves in a clean blender container. Blend until the basil has been incorporated fully and no pieces remain.
- Combine 3 1/2 cups of pineapple juice, the lime-basil mixture, and rum in a pitcher. Stir thoroughly.
- Moisten the edges of chilled glasses with lime juice and dip the edges into granulated sugar. Distribute the drink evenly among glasses–leaving roughly 1/2-1-inch of space at the top. Finish with club soda. Garnish the glass with a sprig of fresh basil and slice of lime. Serve immediately.